Saturday, August 7, 2010

Salted Chocolate Chip Cookies

My mom and I were craving chocolate chip cookies and decided it would be a good dessert to have on hand for a house full of people. We had recently had an amazing salted chocolate chip cookie at Delancey  (which I would highly recommend. There is always a super- long wait but if you have a party of 6 or more they take reservations!) So we decided to look for a recipe that used salt on top. I found an article from the nytimes that told me way more than I would ever want to know about make chocolate chip cookies…The article also directed me to a recipe by Jack Torres that I ended up using.

The biggest difference in this recipe is that it uses more salt than usual. After some experimentation I actually found that the cookies didn’t need any additional salt on top. He also recommends using dark chocolate disks instead of chips because they distribute more evenly. I think the most important part is to just have really good dark chocolate. I also added a few more chocolate chips than the recipe called for because I love chocolate. They were very yummy and very chewy. Be very careful not to overcook them! I took them out of the oven when they still looked a little doughy because they continue to cook even outside of the oven.  The pictures I took do not do the cookies justice- I was just too busy eating them to bother getting a better shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment