Friday, January 7, 2011

Mint Brownies

Most people are blogging about healthy recipes right now as a detox for the new year.  But I still have holiday recipes to post so I'm just going to pretend that I don't have to get back to normal healthy eating quite yet.  This is really a guest post from my mom because I did not actually make these wonderful brownies. I love them and my mom makes them for me every Christmas. They are delicious and pretty simple to make. Plus they stay fresh a really long time! My mom made them the week before Christmas and I’m still eating them.
I hope everyone had a happy new year!



Mint Brownies
To make the brownie layer:
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
½ cup unsalted butter, softened
4 eggs
1 ½ cups (16 ounce can) Hershey’s Syrup
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 x 13” pan. In a large mixer bowl, beat flour, sugar, butter, eggs, and syrup until smooth. Pour into pan, bake at 25 to 30 minutes or until the top springs back when lightly touched. Cool completely in pan. Spread the mint cream layer on cake (recipe below), then chill. Pour chocolate topping over the mint layer, cover and chill.
Mint Cream
2 cups confectioners’ sugar
½ cup butter, softened
1 tablespoon water
½ teaspoon mint extract
Combine all ingredients in a small bowl, then beat until smooth.
Chocolate Topping
6 tablespoons butter
1 cup semisweet chocolate (my mom uses E. Guittard semisweet chocolate that is 61% cacao)
Microwave ingredients on high until melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment