Monday, October 11, 2010

Angel Hair with Sausage, Red Pepper, and Arugula


This is a very fast dinner so I will make this a very fast post. I came home from a day in the library (which may have involved some candy which I use strategically to help me focus) and I was experiencing a serious sugar crash. I walked in the door and immediately started throwing things around the kitchen and only 20 minutes later, I was eating and happy again! Although my kitchen was a bit of a disaster. I should really learn that my body cannot handle sugar at all.
This dish would be yummy without the sausage if you want a vegetarian version…maybe add feta instead of pecorino? The pasta water in the recipe helps create a sauce because the starch from the pasta binds things together.


Angel Hair with Sausage, Red Pepper, and Arugula
makes about 4 servings

½ lb spicy Italian sausage, removed from casings
1 jar roasted red pepper, thinly sliced
2 cups arugula
¼ lb angel hair pasta
~1 cup of pasta water
1 cup pecorino romano

In a large skillet, cook the sausage over high heat until browned nicely and cooked through. Add the red peppers and reduce heat. Meanwhile, cook the angel hair in salted water until al dente (this won’t take long). When the angel hair is almost done, add the arugula to the sausage and peppers and pour about ½ cup of the pasta water over it. Once the arugula begins to wilt, add the pasta to the skillet and toss to combine. If it seems dry add some more pasta water. Top with the pecorino and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment