Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Roasted Tomatoes with Shrimp and Feta


When I graduated from college I made cookbooks full of my favorite recipes for each of my four roomies. I am living with one of my college roommates again (she was my sous chef for making this) so I was looking at her cookbook the other day and it brought back happy memories of my fledgling foodie days in my shitty college kitchen. I’ve been making this for years and it is always a hit. My family loves it and my sister actually has her own special version that can be found on her blog. The ingredients are simple and I guarantee after you make it once you won’t even need to look at the recipe again.


Roasted Tomatoes with Shrimp and Feta
makes 4 servings

5 large tomatoes, cut into eighths
3 tablespoons olive oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
¾ teaspoon kosher salt
¾ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1½ pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 cup Feta, crumbled
cous cous

Preheat oven to 450°F. Place the tomatoes in a large baking dish. Spoon the olive oil and garlic over the tomatoes. Sprinkle with the salt and pepper and toss. Place on top rack of oven and roast for 20 minutes. Remove baking dish from oven and stir in the shrimp, parsley, and lemon juice. Sprinkle with the Feta. Place back in oven for another 10 to 15 minutes or until the shrimp are cooked. Serve over cous cous or pasta or just with some crusty bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment