Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Breakfast Sandwiches- and a note about English muffins


The last time I made English muffins I cut one of them right when it came out of the oven. I waited for the others to cool before slicing them. The hot one had perfect nooks and crannies and the others (though delicious) did not have any! I wanted to test out the correlation so I made them again and cut them all immediately upon removal from the oven. Lots of nooks and crannies! Although for some reason the dough puffed up so the muffins were super fat. We topped them with eggs, ham, beecher's cheddar, avocado, and tomato. Although due to their thickness they were a little challenging to eat so they quickly turned into open faced sandwiches.
Look at the beautiful tomato!
We also had one egg that contained triplets! We tried to take a picture but one of the yolks had already broken so it wasn't as impressive...

No comments:

Post a Comment