Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Quinoa with Tofu and Edamame



I haven’t posted in over a week!  Law school is definitely becoming more time consuming so the posts might be a little less frequent for a while.  Instead of cooking and blogging, I’ve been spending long hours in the library every day.  Something about sitting in front of a civil procedure book for five hours makes me want to snack.  In order to combat this urge, I’ve been making high protein lunches so that I can at least push back the snacking an hour or two.  I am also planning a post soon that will feature healthy snack options like roasted chickpeas and kale chips.  This recipe uses quinoa, tofu, and sliced almonds- all of which help keep you full.  I also threw in edamame because I had some in my freezer.  Such a handy thing to have on hand! 
I promise the post drought will not be as long from now on.  This weekend I am planning on making butternut squash macaroni and cheese (adding the squash will magically make it healthier) so I will post about that soon! 

Quinoa with Tofu and Edamame
makes 4 servings

1 cup quinoa
2 cups water
2 teaspoons ginger, grated
1 package of tofu, cut into cubes
5 scallions, thinly sliced
1 cup frozen edamame
1 cup sliced almonds, toasted
2 tablespoons tamari
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
2 teaspoons sesame oil
A few dashes of siracha

Bring the quinoa and water to boil, cover and reduce to a simmer for 15-20 minutes until it is fully cooked.  Remove from heat and add ginger, edamame, tofu, scallions, and almonds.  Combine tamari, vinegar, sesame oil, and siracha then stir into the quinoa. 

No comments:

Post a Comment