Wednesday, July 21, 2010

BLTs

Here is another example of how easy the ciabatta bread recipe is! Last Friday we drove back over to Chelan after getting back from Maui. We got in at 5pm and we decided to make BLTs for dinner because we had gotten really good bacon from a Bill the Butcher back in Redmond. The meat from his store is amazing and I should really dedicate a whole post to him. But I don’t want to type all of that right now. Plus you can read how great he is on his website. Anyways, we got to Chelan a little before dinner time and I decided to make wheat bread for the BLTs. It took me about 10 minutes of active time and exactly an hour and a half after I started, we had amazing fresh bread! We also had delicious heirloom tomatoes and avocado from the farmstand up the street. Also we had some pretty good margaritas. They were so pretty that I wanted to document them. I promise I'll branch out with my bread experimentation soon. I'm planning on making english muffins later this week. Then maybe pita bread...

No comments:

Post a Comment